Saturday, November 26, 2011

And the winner is. . .


The raspberry trifle won for Thanksgiving. For some odd reason it didn't look like the pictures from Taste of Home. Hmmm. . .I wonder why that is. :) Anyhow, it was a huge success and tasted so good. It wasn't too raspberry tasting, and I enhanced the recipe. Instead of just using regular raspberry preserves, I mixed the preserves with whip cream and powdered sugar. It was delicious and everyone wanted more - the poundcake certainly made it even more tasty. For Christmas I'm thinking of trying the browing/peanut butter cup trifle, but it's going to be tough to top the raspberry trifle. I'll keep you posted. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it looks pretty good from here! I hope your holiday was great. I think you are right, the Black Friday nitetime gig will probably be the way the world goes. But I think Em and I will stick to our tradition. :) Kit

    ReplyDelete