Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Delights

I love decorating for Christmas. Above you see the decorations that are above our entertainment center. Below are close-ups of these decorations. As you can see we collect cookie jars - which are mostly snowmen, but we love all kinds.
If you look at the above pictures you will see the hand-painted nativity scene made in a ceramic class by my mom and aunt. I still remember them working on these over 25 years ago. Behind the nativity scene you can see the Santa Basset and the Target dog, along with some angel ornaments that my mom made.
These cross stitches were made by my mom. They were designed by Mirabella and titled 'Giggles in the Snow'. There is a ton of bead work on these cross stitches, but it doesn't show in the picture.
This is a cross stitch I started last year called "The Twelve Days of Christmas'. If you look closely, you can see some beads in the pear tree. My plan was to stitch one of the twelve days each year. . .yes, that will take 12 years to complete, but I'm up for the challenge. :)
Next we go to our tree that has many of my favorite ornaments.
These are 2 of my favorite basset ornaments. I especially love the one on the right because it has the names of my 3 bassets. :)
These are 2 ornaments I cross stitched for my mom - they were designed by Debbie Mumm. I think they turned out really well. :)
These are 3 ornaments my mom cross stitched. She does good work.
And lastly I wanted to round out my favorites with these ornaments. The top 2 were hand-painted by my mom back in the '80s and have beautified our tree ever since. The Alice in Wonderland ornament is from the Disney set I got when I went to The Mall of America in Minneapolis. The bear ornament is another one stitched by my mom. :)


I hope you have enjoyed these Christmas goodies that I enjoy during this time of year. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I just love all the embroidery! The Snow Angel pictures are just wonderful. And great cookie jars!Kit

    ReplyDelete