Saturday, December 31, 2011

Highlights of 2011

2011 has been a good year. I can’t complain, I’m still the proud mom to three wonderful bassets – Molly, Polly, and Bowser, and I’m lucky to have wonderful parents, a brother, two nephews, a grandma (who’s still kicking it at 96 – go grannie!), and many other awesome friends and family. Here are some of the highlights of the past year.
Highlights of 2011
January – May
  • Took ‘Organizing Classroom Reading and Writing’ at The University of Montana.

June
  •  Went to a Dog Show at the Fair Grounds in June and saw some awesome Basset Hounds, French Bulldogs, English Bulldogs, and many others.
  • Taught Reading Camp at Hellgate Elementary this summer to fifth graders (through mid-July).
  • Began making cards with stamps and the Cricut.
  • Hiked up Blue Mountain with Bowser and Katie (throughout the summer).

July
  •  Went to Trout Creek to visit my grandma, aunt, and uncle.
  • Went looking for sapphires and to The Sweet Palace in Phillipsburg, MT. with Katie and Dan Boardman.

August
  • Went to The Sweet Palace in Phillipsburg, MT. with my mom.
  • Went to Spokane, WA. for shopping trip with Katie.

September
  •  Took Praxis Test for Teaching Reading and aced it! Boo-ya.
  • Completed my Reading Endorsement from The University of Montana in September.

October
  • Molly got really sick with a bladder infection, and miraculously recovered. Polly felt left out, so now she is currently on medication for a bladder infection (thankfully it’s not as bad as Molly’s).
  •  Presented Young Reader’s Choice Award (YRCA) books at Montana Educator’s Association (MEA) in mid-October.
  • Went to AASL (American Association for School Librarians) in Minneapolis, MN. at the end of October. Got to ride three roller coasters at The Mall of America and visit the Disney store.

November
  •  Finally got a cell phone – I didn’t want to rush into anything.
  • Started this blog. J
  • My friend had a healthy baby boy on November 30.
  • Made a raspberry trifle for Thanksgiving and a brownie/reese’s peanut butter cup trifle for Christmas.

December
  • Our outdoor green lighted Christmas tree was stolen from our front yard. :(
  • Got to refine my cooking and baking skills. My favorite new recipe is meatballs and spaghetti sauce cooked in the Crock Pot. Yummo. :)
  • Went to The Adventures of Tintin with my brother and nephews. My brother and I read the Tintin books when we were kids, so this was nostalgic for both of us. A very awesome movie.
(Clockwise, starting at Top Right): Jillian, Nancy, and I at AASL in MN.; Bowser enjoying one of our hikes at Blue Mountain; one of my favorite cards that I made this year for my friends Cory and Nick; and me at AASL in MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment