Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye Christmas Decorations, Hello New Year

Today we got the outdoor decorations taken down, along with my Cherished Teddies and village scene. Every year I'm sad to take down the Christmas decorations and wonder where the time goes. I swear that every year the Christmas season gets shorter. After Christmas we got some 'after-Christmas sales' on some new outdoor decorations. Since one of our outdoor lighted trees was taken last year we decided to get something to fill the void. Of course I can't just get one thing. Here is a picture of some of the goodies we found.
We used to have a train out front, but some of the lights decided to stop working, so we even got a new train. Yay! I also love snowmen, so this will be a nice addition. We also got some multicolored trees that are 3' and 4' tall, and a cool lighted "twig tree" that I think will look really cool too. I'm excited for this year, I just hope no one takes anything.
Here's a picture of our decorations taken a few years ago. Can't wait to see what it will look like this year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooo, new decor! I am excited for you. I am glad you decided to get some new items to replace the missing tree. Hopefully nothing will happen to these, but if they do, go out again and get something new. You'll show those thieves. Nothing will stop you from celebrating! Kit

    ReplyDelete